Thrifting

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This weekend, I'm starting my quest in sewing and need some fabrics to practice on, so I went over to the Goodwill to see if they had anything I could work with.



The selection was small, but I found a few that would do the job.



Hello, Easter dress 1985!



This will work.



This too.



I really, really wanted to take these chairs home. They would look incredible reupholstered!



Alas, I didn't get the chairs. Instead I took home these fabrics and a couple other items that caught my eye.



A strawberry glass pitcher made in France 1983.


And these vintage collector state plates produced in the late 19th and early 20th century.








I took a couple frames down and hung these plates up to photograph. I thought they looked really nice clustered together. As I snapped pictures, I also thought maybe I should open my very own Etsy shop?


Ho hum hmmmmmmmm........

2 comments:

Sturdy For Common Things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger