So I Sew: Round 2

Saturday, March 19, 2011

For Round 2 in my adventures of learning to sew, Jolene (the sewing machine) and I got into a fight. But don't worry, we made up after working out our differences.


After a little research online I found what appeared to be a simple sewing project on Prudent Baby of turning a baby onesie into a dress and decided to try it out. I went to the children's consignment shop in town and bought a handful of $.99 onsies in LBD's size.


But I liked my finds too much to practice on them, so I dug around for a couple hand-me-downs my sister-in-law gave me and paired those as best as I could with the fabric I had purchased at Goodwill a couple weeks ago.



Perfect springtime color combo, right?



Jolene didn't think so. She didn't agree one bit.


She despised my fabric choice.



And flat out refused to make even stitches.



After an hour or so of fiddling with the tension, readjusting the bobbin, calling my mom, calling my mother-in-law, I finally gave in and chose a different fabric because we weren't getting anywhere.



Either I fixed the problem or Jolene is a fan of purple polka-a-dots.



I ended up not stitching a large enough seam and when I went back to redo it I accidentally ripped the onesie.



I got the procedure down eventually.



It wasn't perfect, but I didn't expect it to be.



LBD didn't seem to mind.



I was so thrilled I made another one for tomorrow.

1 comments:

  1. Kristie Buckley-FillipsMarch 20, 2011 at 6:19 AM

    So cute! I'll have to think about trying it for Lexi. :)

    BTW...I just love LBD's hair. Curly girls rock!

    ReplyDelete

Sturdy For Common Things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger