Good As New: Suitcases

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I never know what to do with some of the stuff I have laying around the house. Magazines a couple issues old, photocopied recipes, TO DO lists (the never ending TO DO lists!).  I don't use some of these items enough to be left out, so when I found a variety of retro suitcases used as storage I thought it was extremely cleaver . They're inexpensive when bought at a local thrift store, but can also be found for sale on Etsy and Ebay. I'm thinking of doing this with LBD's toys eventually, but here are a few other ideas that caught my eye:

An craft organizer or sewing kit...



Extra storage.....



As a night stand...




And for mucho storage....



But this one is my favorite of them all...


a dollhouse to go!




A plush doll, her house, and her wardrobe all packed into a suitcase until it's time to come out and play. Once I'm skilled enough in my sewing, I want to make this for LBD. What a wonderful idea. You can see more images of Hart + Sew's suitcase dollhouse here.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sturdy For Common Things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger