Reading Together: Growing Vegetable Soup

Friday, March 11, 2011



The book LBD and I have been reading this week is Lois Elhert's Growing Vegetable Soup. Lois Ehlert is another wonderful author and illustrator. The story is short with dramatic colors and pictures,  perfect for a quick read before bedtime. (You know those nights when bedtime is done in light speed? When you already have a glass of wine poured, waiting for you until the little one is fast asleep... The shorter the story, the better.)





The illustrations are so bright and lovely! I enjoy how the story takes the reader through the process of tending to a vegetable garden and eventually the rewarding experience of using the plants that were cared for to prepare a meal.


Favorite line: "Dad says we are going to grow vegetable soup."


Puts me in the mood t0 grow things....

3 comments:

  1. I think you may want to add a facebook button to your site. Just marked down this blog, however I must do it manually. Just my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Thank you for reading! I had a facebook page, but it was malfunctioning. I'm in the process of setting a new one up. I will be sure to let you know when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] you couldn’t tell already (here and here and here)… we’re kinda big fans of Lois [...]

    ReplyDelete

Sturdy For Common Things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger