Reading Together: Moon Plane

Saturday, March 19, 2011



This week we're reading Moon Plane by Peter McCarty. LBD's Uncle Mike recently received his pilot's license and when I saw Moon Plane at the library, I thought it would be a good story to read with her as we are all incredibly proud of his accomplishment.

The second reason I was drawn to this book was the illustrations. The illustrations are illuminating. They are simple and muted and absolutely alluring. Here are a few of my favorites...







And lastly, did you know that tonight the "supermoon" is going to rise? It's suppose to be the biggest full moon in 18 years. If you believe in lunar effect, then it's probably best to stay indoors. I on the other hand will be out chasing the monster with my camera.


Cover Image from petermccarty.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sturdy For Common Things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger