I Like You Like This

Thursday, March 3, 2011


I like you like this, Sweetheart.


Playing with your toys, babbling to your teddy bear, and chasing your kitty cat. Happy baby.


Today was rough. I made you eat broccoli. You hate broccoli. Not as much as peas, but still. And teething is the pits. That right front tooth was making you work for it this afternoon. Oh, you cried and cried. Later, you took a snooze while I was driving, but when you woke up at home that snowsuit was way too warm. You're clothes damp with sweat. Boy, were you upset.


I wish I could tell you everyday is going to be all pink and blue skies, but it just ain't so. Being a baby isn't easy, and it's only going to get harder, but you're a champ. A week ago you learned how to pull yourself up to stand and you're already letting go, trying to stand all all by yourself. You tumble and do it again. And again. Fearless. Tonight, when you and daddy went to go pick up a pizza in town he told me you were socializing when everyone in the restaurant. Smiling and laughing. Our charmer.


Your mama gets frustrated and overtired sometimes, but she's always doing her best to keep you happy. Know that when you're unhappy, no one in the house is happy. (Or well-rested.)


Tomorrow is a new day to be fearless.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sturdy For Common Things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger