So It Begins, The Traveling Garden

Friday, May 20, 2011


We joke that this is grandma's garden. Her field of well-maintained dandelions.


I like them. Better than snow in the backyard that's for sure.


Over the past week, I've been back and forth during the move out of our house on whether or not I would go forward with The Traveling Garden. I'm going to go for it. Well, that is if it fits in the the moving truck that we're packing today...



These pictures are from our move last weekend.



The first move of many this summer. Out of our house and into our in-law's house. In the rain.



A couple days ago the cat ended up eating the rest of my garlic chives. Go figure. No chives this summer.


While it was nice on Sunday, I moved all seedlings into their own pots



They keep growing strong.



Some are going to stay here in Ludington.



Here's the varsity traveling garden team.



Next up, a 700 mile trek to Kansas City.

4 comments:

  1. You wouldn't believe how much my garden has grown since you left. We've had lots of rain and lots of growth. I'm not sure I will be able to get the lawnmower through the back yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should let it go au natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] the traveling garden has made a place of it’s own on the back [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] sorry to report that my Traveling Garden didn’t make the very last leg of the trip. Really is a pity, since they were doing so well [...]

    ReplyDelete

Sturdy For Common Things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger