Baby Steps

Thursday, May 5, 2011



My baby girl started walking yesterday evening. When it happened we didn't quite comprehend what had occurred.. so we had her do it over and over and over again. Back and forth between us. After the 4th or 5th time, it's safe to say, LBD is walking. Baby steps for her, leaps and bounds for mom and dad. Or maybe it's the other way around? Nonetheless, we are so proud.

Maybe I'm suppose to feel a bit of remorse, lamenting over her fast-fading baby days, but I don't. I feel pure joy. I can't help but celebrate the independence gained, each facet of personality revealed, each step she takes towards becoming her own little person.

When did you grow up, baby girl? So eager and willing to take on the world?

image

3 comments:

  1. Yay for walking!!

    It is bittersweet...I remember when Nick started walking. It's scary and exciting and sad all at the same time. Someone should have told us parenthood would be such a rollercoaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true Kristie! I've never felt so many emotions all at one time. It's bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] was where my baby learned how to sit up. How to walk. How to crawl. How to [...]

    ReplyDelete

Sturdy For Common Things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger