Children's Book Week

Monday, May 2, 2011



Happy Children's Book Week!

If you couldn't tell... I'm kinda a fan of reading. Especially, when it involves inspiring kids to read.

What was your favorite book to read as a child?

If you have kids, do you have a favorite you read to them?

I have too many. A few favorites include My Garden by Kevin Henkes, An Awesome Book by Dallas Clayton, Corduroy by Don Freeman, Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery, The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (which I didn't fully appreciate until I was much older), and Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. The list goes on and on and on....

image

1 comments:

  1. When I was a kid (like younger than 7) I loved The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch and Oliver Button is a Sissy by Tomie dePaula.

    I started reading real chapter books early on (as I'm sure you did as well!) I was a bit maudlin as a pre-teen and I gobbled up Holocaust books. My favorites in elementary school were The Endless Steppe by Esther Hautzig and So Young to Die: The Story of Hannah Senesh by Candice F. Ransom. It seems grim looking back on it now :) Roald Dahl and Dr. Seuss were also big favorites.

    I can guess that LBD will be getting some nice books for her first birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Sturdy For Common Things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger